Multi nutrient-rich bilberry is valuable in maintaining skin health, cardiovascular fitness, cognitive strength, healthy and disease-free eyes, unobstructed blood flow and better functioning of the overall body. For many decades, the antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of bilberry have been prized for their effectiveness in a range of disorders including diarrhea, diabetes, cancer, liver and kidney damage.
Uses of Bilberry
Bilberry can be consumed in fresh, dried, powdered, extracted, or in
liquid form. When purchasing bilberry extract, ensure that you buy the
ones that have 25% anthocyanin in it for good health results. There are
different ways to serve bilberry such as:
1) Add bilberry fruit or the leaves to hot water and serve yourself a healthy bilberry tea drink!
2) Use bilberry as a filling for pies and tarts.
3) Prepare bilberry jams and relish it with bread.
4) You can also drink some refreshing bilberry juice. The juice is also used as a base for liqueur and as a flavoring for sorbets and other desserts.
5) If you are lazy to do any of the above, just gobble it up in its raw form! It serves as a yummy snack too.